Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dreamy Smoothie and Balsamic Roasted Vegetables



My favorite place to go in Los Olivos is the store, Global Gardens. They have wonderful local, organic oils, flavored vinegars, and other cool sauces and condiments. Most everything is organic and/or sustainably grown. Several of their products inspired a couple of delicious dishes today and I thought I'd share. I don't have exact measurements, but they're not really the type of recipes that need exact measurements anyway. I'll tell you as best I can and you can use your intuition when making these yourself.

Dreamy Smoothie
I add some "Dream Dust" made from sustainable rainforest, pure 100% cacao, Guatemalan Vanilla Bean, Indian
Cardamon, Clove & Vietnamese Cinnamon to my usual smoothie and it was AMAZING!

Orange Juice
Plain or vanilla yogurt (dairy or dairy-free)
1 large banana
Frozen mangos
Frozen blueberries
Frozen raspberries
Pinch Dream Dust

Puree until smooth. Serves 2 to 3.

Note: If you can't get your hands on some Dream Dust, just add a pinch of each of the spices listed.

Balsmic Roasted Vegetables

I tossed asparagus spears, whole white mushrooms, broccoli spears, carrot chunks in walnut oil with a little Blood Orange Balsamic Vinegar. I laid the veggies out on a baking sheet and sprinkled them with Caliterranean Garden Blend (dried herbs and sea salt). Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until tender on inside and carmelized on outside.

3 comments:

Glimmering Girl said...

Oh the veggies sound heavenly! And, I always love a new smoothie idea!

THEO said...

Well, there's really no substitution for the "real" Dream Dust!! : ) Thanks for the ideas! Your Global Gardens Blood Orange Balsamic veggies look absolutely divine. i really love to brown tempeh in a wrought iron or all clad skillet (you just need to barely cover the bottom of the pan, get it boiling lightly and then place tempeh slices in it for a quick, flavorful browning! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

True, Theo. I LOVE that Dream Dust!